Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Storm 2008


ICE STORM 2008

Here in New Hampshire (and other states) we were hit with a horrific ice storm, It started on Thursday 12/11 and the effects are still being felt all over the state. At the peak of the storm we had 424,000 with no power...we went 17 hours but we had heat from the wood stove and I had purchased batteries and bottled water in advance I was ready for the worst ..... the picture is of my road on Friday Morning(8am ish) not very visable but there was a huge tree branch across the road just befor the turn and just after the turn was a huge yellow birch tree on the lines...God himself with a million dollars standing at the end of the road would not have made me venture down....I waited until late Saturday to venture down ,trust me it was only because I needed to get pull-ups for my toddler....
Currently as of this morning's news (12/15) there are about 165,000 with no power and they are still looking as several days to a week before restoration is complete...

No comments: